Annual Infertility, Adoption and the Family Conference
This all-day extravaganza begins with a keynote presentation and continues with over 50 professionals, adoptees, birth and adoptive parents and their extended families exploring current trends, developments, and their own experiences as they relate to adoption. Past presentations have included:
- · Health and Development of Children Adopted from Abroad
- · Comparing Domestic and International Adoption Options
- · Health and Developmental Issues of Children Adopted from Abroad
- · Making the Decision to Adopt
- · Homeland Trips: CHINA
- · Homestudies: What Is the Social Worker Really Looking For?
- · How to Interpret Pre-Adoption Medical Records for International and Domestic Adoptions
- · Secondary Infertility: Families Formed By Birth & Adoption
- · Parenting as a Single Does Not Mean Going It Alone
- · New Parents: Making Time for Yourself
- · Domestic Adoption Process and Options
- · Professional Roundtable (Adoption & Infertility Professionals ONLY)
- · Maintaining Cultural Competence
- · Our Stories…Our Voices: Searching for Identity (Adoptees Speak Out)
- · Talking to Adults about Talking to Kids about Adoption
- · Surviving Infertility: Ways to Take Charge of the Emotional Rollercoaster
- · International Adoption: Russia and Eastern Europe
- · Domestic Adoption: Networking, Ads and Relationships with Birth Parents
- · The First Year: Tuning Into Your Child
- · Pick Your Battles: Love, Logic and Limits
- · Ask the Expert: Infertility Issues
- · Third Party Reproduction
- · International Adoption: China, Latin America & the Independent Route
- · When You Miss the First Few Months
- · Adoption and the Jewish Family
- · The Forgotten Partner: For Men Only
- · Advocating for Your Child
- · Post-Adoption Parenting Tips
Speakers include adoptees, birth and adoptive parents, family members, doctors, social workers, psychologists, and more. There is also an all day exhibit hall.
Tapes are also available from Ametz's past conferences.
For a list of available tapes, information on the upcoming conference, please e-mail us or call 212-558-9949.