|The Cottage Schools
The Gateways Program is an intensive, specialized residential program for 14 girls aged 12-16 who have been victims of commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking. Gateways uses a strengths-based youth development model to assist young women in gaining the skills needed to return to the community as productive, independent young adults. The program works in partnership with GEMS, the renowned provider of services to sexually exploited girls.
Assessment and Treatment:
- · Accepted 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- · Comprehenive assessment and treatment.
- · A team of clinical professionals and highly trained caregivers.
- · Services address all medical, mental health, and educational needs.
- · Individual, family, and group counseling.
- · Onsite substance abuse treatment.
- · All care provided using the evidence informed Sanctuary Model of trauma treatment.
- · Dedicated staff provides individually tailored medical care.
- · Educational workshops on a range of health-related topics (e.g. sexually transmitted diseases.)
- · Five hours of individually tailored home instruction daily provided by licensed teachers from onsite, special act public school.
- · Dedicated licensed recreational therapist and a range of recreational specialists.
- · Therapeutic range of activities that offer positive alternatives to life on the street.
- · A fully equipped gymnasium, outdoor swimming pool, basketball courts, ball fields, and wilderness challenge course.
- · Designed to promote appropriate social skills, coping mechanisms, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as develop new talens.
- · Linkage to a range of community-based providers including GEMS, a community-based provider for sexually-exploited youth.
- ·Therapeutic foster boarding homes available.
A comprehensive range of professionals including:
- · Dedicated program director
- · Licensed clinical social workers
- · Certified recreational therapist and recreational specialists.
- · Registered nurse.
- · Psychiatrist.
- · Psychologist
- · Medical specialists (e.g. physicians, gynecologists, and dentists)
- · Milieu staff
- · Security
For information or to initiate a referral, contact
Denis A. Gufarotti, LCSW, Director, Admissions
Donations to Gateways
You can donate to Gateways online or mail your donation, indicating that it is for Gateways, to
Jewish Child Care Association
120 Wall Street, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10005