Brooklyn Child and Adolescent Guidance Center
This licensed, comprehensive mental health program helps children, adolescents, and families understand and resolve social, emotional, and behavioral problems in outcome-focused, short-term treatment. Medicaid and managed care plans are accepted. Serves children ages 4-18.
The Brooklyn Child and Adolescent Guidance Center Clinical team collectively possess a wealth of experience working with children and teens, as well as with foster parents and families. They are able to assess the extent of trauma a child has experienced and use insight and behavioral techniques to help children improve their daily functioning. Concrete needs are also assessed and linkages made, as needed, to enable families to focus on treatment.
What does the program provide?
- Individual, parent/child, group and family counseling
- Linkage with other community services: schools, medical facilities, parent groups, recreation programs, etc.
- Psychological evaluations available to clients
- Psychiatric assessments and evaluations
- Medication therapy and monitoring