Foster Home Services
Family Foster Care/Kinship Family Foster Care: ChildSuccessNYC
Kirsten Cooper, LCSW, Assistant Vice President, Family Foster Care
555 Bergen Ave, 4th Floor, Bronx, NY 10455 – 718-742-8727
Foster Home Services provides infants and children, many of whom have been abused or neglected, with safe and nurturing foster homes while their families work to resolve their difficulties and plan for permanency. JCCA seeks to build strong connections and better relationships among family members. Working as a team, parents, children, foster parents and staff make decisions that address the emotional, social, educational, medical and cultural needs of the children and their caregivers. When children cannot safely return to their original families, JCCA secures permanent families through adoption or through Kin-Gap for children in Kinship placements. Foster parents receive extensive training and support from JCCA staff.
- Closely-monitored kinship or foster homes
- Collaborative permanency planning with families
- Youth Development skills training for adolescents
- Medical care
- Referrals in the community for benefits, substance abuse treatment and housing
- Model Approach to Partnership and Parenting (MAPP) training for foster and adoptive families
- Sanctuary, an innovative treatment model that teaches youth to understand and heal the trauma that has affected their lives
Types of Foster Homes
Family Foster Care: JCCA encourages partnerships between birth parents and foster parents so they can develop plans for a child’s return home or an alternate permanency plan. Admission age: birth-20.
Kinship Foster Family Foster Care: Many children remain in the care of their extended families in kinship foster care. JCCA’s support services assist relatives in maintaining children safely and securely. The family works to create a plan for the child’s future. Admission age: birth-20.